As defined by IRS Publication 970, the Beneficiary’s family includes the Beneficiary’s spouse and any of the following other relatives of the Beneficiary:
- Son, daughter, stepchild, foster child, adopted child, or a descendent of any of them.
- Brother, sister, stepbrother, or stepsister.
- Father or mother or ancestor of either.
- Stepfather or stepmother.
- Son or daughter of a brother or sister.
- Brother or sister of father or mother.
- Son-in-law, daughter-in-law, father-in-law, mother-in-law, brother-in-law, or sister-in-law.
- The spouse of any individual listed above.
- First cousin.
The new Beneficiary must be a Texas resident or the child of a parent who is both the Purchaser and a Texas Resident.